Hearing Awareness Week Open Day 2013
Hearing & Balance Centre will be holding it's 11th Hearing Awareness Week open day on Saturday 24th August 2013 from 10am to 2pm.
Former Prime Minister -
The Honourable John Howard.
Please note the change of venue to:
384 Victoria Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
This event is free and open to the general public, family and friends.
About the Hearing & Balance Centre Open Day
In September 2003 the Hearing & Balance Centre held its inaugural open day. Planned to co-inside with Hearing Awareness Week (HAW), patients, family, friends and the general public were all invited to visit the centre.
The day proved to be so popular we have continued each year during HAW to provide people with the opportunity to:
- Attend an informative talk on topics such as:
- Surgical solutions to hearing loss
- Stem cell research and hearing loss
- Hearing Aid Technology updates
- Maintaining your Hearing Aid
- Protecting your hearing
- Implantable hearing devices
- Have their hearing and balance questions answered by our team
- Experience the latest in hearing aid technology. Each year several hearing aid manufacturers are invited to join us and demonstrate new developments in hearing aids. Many people get the opportunity to try new technology on the spot.
- Learn about our tinnitus management program
- Have a hearing screening test