Hearing Loss Advice

Free Download
Written by qualified audiologists, this White Paper provides advice to people who might be experiencing hearing loss on what they need to know to improve their hearing for good.

Download Now

Faux Columns
This area does not yet contain any content.
This area does not yet contain any content.
This area does not yet contain any content.
This area does not yet contain any content.
Landing Pages

Office of Hearing Services

If you hold a pensioner or veteran affairs card, you are likely to be entitled to a hearing assessment and hearing aids through the Office of Hearing Services (OHS).  The Hearing & Balance Centre - both at St Vincent's Hospital, Darlinghurst and at Double Bay is accredited to provide services on behalf of the OHS

An application can be obtained from the Hearing & Balance Centre, the Office of Hearing Services, your GP or specialist.  If it is your first application to the OHS, your doctor (GP or specialist) will need to sign it. 

After completing the application and posting it to the OHS you will receive via mail some general information and a voucher.  Following this you may phone and make an appointment to be assessed by our Audiologists.  If hearing aids are required the Audiologist will discuss your needs at length.  You will then be in a position to make a decision as to which hearing aid will fulfil your needs best. 

Under this scheme there is a wide range of aids that are available free of charge.  You may also choose to "top-up" to a more sophisticated hearing aid.  This will require you to contribute to the cost of the aids.  This cost varies considerably depending on the type of aid chosen.  In some cases your health fund may also contribute to the cost of the aid.

For more information please feel free to contact us on 1300 134 327.

Related Links:

Dept of Health and Ageing - Office of Hearing Services